mercredi 28 septembre 2011
Typhoon T8 : first time this year!
Hier dans l'pres-midi, le niveau 1 d'alerte de typhon T1, fut annoncee. Rien d'alarmant. Le temps etait calme dehors. On ne s'inquiete pas. Fin d'apres-midi, il est élevé a T3. Les bourrasques font rages toute la soiree, et pendant la nuit. On prend le sprecautions habituelles, on ferme les fenetres, rentre tout ce qui depasse... Et on se demande si l'alerte passera au niveau 8 : l'alerte qui nous dispense de venir travailler.
Je suis reveillee par un sms envoye par mon employeur : les employes sont dispenses de venir au bureau jusqu'a nouvel ordre (a moins qu'ils ne soient vraiment indispensables: c'est une problematique interessante....)
Le cyclone tropical est tres proche de Hong Kong comme l'atteste l'image ci-dessous.
La bourse de Hong-Kong est fermee tant que le signal T8 est en force.
affaire a suivre.....
Voila les precautions a prendre et recommendations du site du gouvernement en cas de typhon niveau 8
(ce matin a 8h):
Tropical Cyclone Bulletin
Here is the latest Tropical Cyclone Bulletin issued by the Hong Kong Observatory.
The No. 8 Southeast Gale or Storm Signal is in force.
This means that winds with mean speeds of 63 kilometres per hour or more are expected from the southeast quarter.
At 8 a.m., Typhoon Nesat was centred about 350 kilometres south-southwest of Hong Kong (near 19.5 degrees north 112.6 degrees east) and is forecast to move west-northwest at about 22 kilometres per hour across the northern part of the South China Sea in the general direction of Hainan Island to western Guangdong.
Under the influence of Nesat's broad circulation, many areas of Hong Kong continue to be affected by gale winds this morning. In the past hour, the maximum gusts recorded at Cheung Chau, Tai Mei Tuk and Star Ferry were 107, 101 and 81 kilometres per hour respectively.
According to the present forecast track, Nesat will be closest to Hong Kong within the next few hours, passing around 350 kilometres south-southwest of Hong Kong. High winds are expected to persist this morning and there will also be squally showers. The number 8 gale or storm signal will remain in force for most of the morning.
(Precautionary Announcements with No. 8 Signal)
1. Complete all precautions in your home. Lock all windows and doors, fit bars into position and insert reinforced shutters and gates if they are available. Adhesive tape fixed to large window-panes in exposed positions will reduce damage by broken glass. Storm water drains should be cleared of leaves and rubbish.
2. Do not stand near windows on the exposed side of your home. Move all furniture and valuables away from these areas. Make sure you have a safe place to shelter, should windows be broken.
3. Flights at Hong Kong International Airport may be affected by the weather. Please contact your airline for the latest flight information before departing for the airport.
4. Owners of neon signs are reminded that the electricity supply to all neon signs should be switched off now.
5. Since seas are very rough, you are advised to stay away from the shoreline and not to engage in water sports.
6. Please listen to radio or watch TV for the latest weather information broadcast at the 15th, 30th, 45th and 58th minute of each hour. You can also browse the Hong Kong Observatory's web site for the information.